Frequently Asked Questions
How do I check my balance?
- Go to fbsflex.com
- Click Participant Login on the right-hand side of the page.
- Enter your user name and password
- If you are a first-time user enter your default login information — first initial, last name, date of birth "DDMMYY" (no spaces). If your default login is not working, make sure you are entering date of birth as shown above.
- Your first-time password is last name and last four digits of SSN# (no spaces)
Why am I getting a substantiation request (1st receipt, 2nd receipt, or Request for more information - RMI)?
FBS administers your tax-sheltered reimbursement accounts and is required, by the IRS, to show the plan has been properly administered. For you this means that you will be required to provide an itemized receipt and/or EOB for some or all your transactions. This information contains protected health information and is not transmitted in your debit card transactions, and FBS can't request it on your behalf. This process is designed to protect you, your employer as the plan sponsor, and FBS as the plan administrator.
What do I need to send in to satisfy a substantiation request?
- An EOB (Explanation of Benefits)
This is a document created by your insurance carrier/company. It is most identifiable by stating “THIS IS NOT A BILL” at the top in bold letters.
These notices may be mailed directly to you but you can always call to request a copy or go to your insurance carrier’s website to access your claim history. Check your insurance card for contact information.
- An itemized/5 item receipt.
- This is a detailed receipt that you can obtain from your provider directly. It will need to show the following 5 pieces of information;
- Provider name
- Patient name
- Date of service
- Description of services rendered
- Amount owed/paid after any/all applicable insurance payments
** Please note that even with itemized receipt an EOB may be required for certain account types. **
Ways to submit documentation?
You can submit requested information by any of these means.
- Using the mobile app click file a claim and follow the prompts, upload receipt and submit claim
take a picture of receipt/EOB and follow prompts
- While logged into the participant portal attach the receipt/EOB
- Fax receipt/EOB AND claim form to: 585-641-7500 or 585-641-7505
- Mail receipt/EOB AND claim form to: FBS, PO Box 549, Pittsford, NY 14534
How to file a claim through the portal
- From the home page, click File a Claim
- Fill out prompts and click Next
- Upload valid documentation and click Next
- Fill out claim details and hit Next
- Confirm details and submit claim
** NOTE: You will be required to upload a document to file claim electronically **
How do I check the status of my claim?
- From the Home page locate the Dashboardtab
- Locate your claim (listed in date of service order)
- Click on the claim line to see additional claim details
How do I update my personal information?
Please contact FBS directly to update your profile information: 800.622.6233
Frequently asked debit card declined questions
- My card has not been activated
- Call the number on the card to activate
- My card has no funds remaining card has insufficient funds and the merchant does not support partial authorization
- check your account balance through the mobile app or online portal
- My card has sufficient funds but the merchant does not support partial authorization
- Call customer service at 1-800-622-6233
- I am attempting to purchase only non-healthcare eligible items with a card that has only an FSA and/or HRA purse
- Your plan is limited to certain purchases, refer to your plan documents for debit card details
- My card is expired, how do I get a new one?
- Go online and order a card, PROFILE tab then BANKING/CARDS
- Or call customer service at 1-800-622-6233